Spring is finally here, and the long winter is over. Before you know it, temperatures will be rising, the sun will be shining, and flowers will start to bloom. You may be ready to start gardening for the season, but are your outdoor plumbing fixtures ready too? You may have detached your hose before winter to prevent freezing, but there are a few things to check before reattaching it. Your outdoor plumbing fixtures should be taken care of just as well as your indoor ones. In order to give your outdoor spigots a little TLC, you can help by troubleshooting the following issues.
Common Outdoor Faucet Problems
If you are experiencing any of the following problems with your outdoor plumbing this spring, call us at Flatley’s Plumbing Express. Some are an easy fix, but others may require professional attention. No matter the size of the problem, big or small, we’re ready to help! Here are a few things to keep an eye out for:
- Water leaks. If you can physically see excess water present, it’s a sure sign that you have a leak. However, if your water bill spikes out of nowhere, you may have a leak deeper in your system. A Flatley’s professional will be able to locate and fix the leak.
- Worn out washer. If the round rubber washer around your spigot has worn, it may be affecting the water flow. This is an easy fix that you can do on your own.
- Shut off valve. You most likely shut it off before winter set in, and if you haven’t turned it back on, there won’t be water flow!
- Loose seal. Any seal that isn’t tightened can cause problems with your outdoor plumbing. Make sure that connections are tight and ready to work.
- Hard water. If you have a high mineral content in your water, it can build up over time and cause a blockage. A Flatley’s professional will be able to determine whether or not your water needs treatment.
- Low water pressure. This can be caused by a number of things, but it’s recommended that a professional assess the situation to find the source of the problem.
Get Ready for Spring
If you are experiencing problems with your outdoor plumbing, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express to get things running smoothly again. We will inspect your system, locate the problem, and have it working again in no time. Get your plumbing ready for spring, gardening, sprinklers, and everything else you’re looking forward to doing!