Are you tired of gurgling, clogged toilets? Is your water bill too high? Are foul smells and moldy damp spots ruining your house? You might have sewer line damage, but don’t worry — Flatley’s Plumbing Express is here to help you recognize the problem and fix it in no time!
5 Telltale Signs of Sewer Line Damage
- Clogging. Main sewer lines are often clogged up by debris, grease, hair and whatever else that goes down your drain. If you hear a gurgling sound or if you see that your toilet, bathtub, and shower are draining slowly, you might have a clogged sewer line. Also be on the lookout for bubbles as water drains. A clog in the sewer line can cause air pockets — fill up some water and be on the lookout for any serious bubbling activity.
- Higher water bill. A drastic increase in water consumption is one of the most accurate signs of sewer damage. If you see a serious jump in your monthly water utility bill, you can suspect cracked or leaking pipes.
- Low water pressure and water flow. If your water pressure isn’t as strong as it used to be and your shower head drizzles out less water, you can suspect sewer line damage.
- Foul odors. You know the smell — the moldy, musty stench that permeates old public bathrooms. If your bathroom starts to smell like that, it’s a warning sign for fungus and mildew growth due to sewer damage.
- Mold growth and damp spots. Cracked or leaking sewer lines can increase humidity levels, creating an environment for mold to thrive. If you see damp spots on your ceiling, wall or floor, it’s a clear sign of sewer line damage.
How to Fix Your Damaged Line
- First and most importantly, you should shut off your main water supply to prevent further damage.
- Contact our expert team to address various kinds of sewer damage with different maintenance techniques.
No Digging Necessary: Latest Tools in Sewer Line Maintenance
In addition to traditional root removals and underground sewer line repairs, plumbing companies like Flatley’s adopt the latest technology to deal with all kinds of problems with minimum disruption. Tools like Electronic Locators, Hydro Water Jetting, and Video Camera Sewer Inspections allow us to identify and fix the problem without tearing apart your beloved garden or putting a hole in your wall.
Call Flatley’s Plumbing Express!
If you see any of the telltale signs of sewer damage and you need help, feel free to let the experts at Flatley’s handle your sewer repairing needs! With decades of excellent plumbing service under our belts, customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we’re confident we can address any plumbing issues you may have. Check out our specials and find the right deal for you. Call to schedule your appointment today.