April showers can wreak havoc on your plumbing. Whether it’s in your home or business, most of your plumbing will be hidden between walls or underground. A plumber would normally have to cut or dig into the area to access these hard to reach pipes, but a camera inspection eliminates invasive procedures completely. Using this method, plumbers can detect problems in your pipes without having to access them at all.
A small camera at the end of a flexible pipe is inserted into your plumbing so a professional can view it in real time.This way, it will be easier to locate and fix the problem. Maintaining your plumbing is important, and a camera inspection can prevent and help repair the following problems.
Common Spring Plumbing Problems
- Clogs. Because some clogs are impossible to reach without professional help, and a camera inspection helps your plumber treat the clog efficiently by finding the direct source.
- Cracked or misaligned pipes. Some deep clogs can be due to a crack in the piping or a poorly aligned connection. Without having to cut into the walls or dig out an entire section of the sewer line, a camera inspection makes it significantly easier to detect cracks, potential clogs, and leaks.
- Tree root damage. If you’re experiencing problems with your plumbing, one common culprit is tree roots. Your main sewer line is full of running water, and since tree roots naturally seek out moisture, some of them end up breaking through the sewer line. When a tree root finds its way through a joint in the sewer line, it starts to absorb water and expand, eventually causing the line to break or collapse.
- Old pipes. Sometimes the issue may be that your main sewer line or plumbing is old and wearing down. The older the plumbing system, the more susceptible it can be to damages, and a camera inspection can help confirm the age of your plumbing and sewer line.
- Grease or oil buildup. Over time, these materials accumulate and stick to the sides of your pipes. The can grab other debris on their way down and quickly lead to a clog.
- Un-flushable objects. Toys, jewelry, hand towels; any item can be flushed accidentally. This is especially likely if you have small children!
How Flatley’s Plumbing Express Can Help
After a camera inspection, you will know exactly what problems lie in your plumbing. Our trained professionals will be able to see into your pipes to best determine a course of action to fix them. After the problem is fixed, you’ll notice better plumbing function and you may even notice a difference in your water bill. A camera inspection will help your home’s plumbing more efficiently, so what are you waiting for?
To schedule a camera inspection, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express today!