Any flooding, large or small scale, is an unfortunate situation. Flooding within your home or basement can cause stress and result in costly repairs. If you should find yourself in this situation, Flatley’s will be there to help. It’s important to take action as soon as possible; water left standing can affect the surrounding areas with mold and mildew contamination. This not only damages your home, but can be a potential health hazard. At Flatley’s Plumbing Express, you are guaranteed expertise services to fix flood-damaged water heaters, pumps, and plumbing in your house, and replace or repair as necessary!
Causes of Water Damage:
- Leaks in your plumbing system
- Damaged, cracked, or broken pipes
- Toilet clogs and backups
- Moisture trapped under floors or in walls
- Cracks in your foundation
- Leaky appliances or outdoor access points
How We Can Help
First things first, your basement will need to dry out. Severe flooding will be drained or pumped out of your house as soon as possible. The next step is removing all of the excess water from your entire basement or area affected. There are a lot of tools to help with this process, such as fans, dehumidifiers, blowers, and specialized cleaners.
Once the water has been removed, the damage can be properly assessed. In order to rule out any areas that may have been missed, a full inspection of the surrounding areas will take place as well. If necessary, nearby drywall, crawlspaces, and ducts will be checked to ensure minimal damage. After these areas are crossed off the list and no water remains, restoration can begin.
Things to Consider
- The scale of damage-Depending on the level of damage, you should weigh out the pros and cons of restoration and replacement.
- The scale of contamination-Mold can spread and should be dealt with immediately, regardless of scale.
- Replacement or Repair? Flatley’s will provide you with a detailed plan that best suits your home’s needs and budget.
Because flooding can be an emergency, it’s important to act as quickly as possible. Within minutes, excess water can find its way into the nooks and crannies of your basement and property. This includes rugs, foundation cracks, and under finished floors. If the water is left to sit, mold will be able to grow. With each passing minute, your home becomes more at risk.
With decades of excellent plumbing service under our belts, customer satisfaction is our #1 priority and we are confident we can address any emergency plumbing issues you may have.
Call Flatley’s Plumbing Express-We’re here to help!