Owning a home is a lot of work. You have enough on your plate already, the last thing you should be worried about are the drains in your house. Over time, your drains are subjected to wear and tear, and you’re left with the challenge of trying to decide if you need drain repair. This can cause problems in your home that lead to damage or costly repairs down the line. Properly functioning drains can also save you money on your utility bills and make your home more energy-efficient. Your drains are often taken for granted-you use them every time you shower, brush your teeth or wash the dishes. They are a vital function in your home, so it’s important to address any situation as soon as possible. During this process, Flatley’s Plumbing Express is there to help you every step of the way.
Signs of a You Might Need Drain Repair
- Flooding: Your Basement is the lowest point in your home, and excess water tends to find a way to end up there. If you have any basement flooding, it could be a sign that you are in need of drain repair or replacement.
- Noises: Any strange gurgling sounds or clanging of pipes should never be ignored. This could be a sign of a blockage or another problem within your system.
- Foul Odor: You should never be able to smell sewage. Any buildup along your drain, such as grease, can also emit an unpleasant smell. You should contact a professional if you are experiencing any foul odors in or around your home.
- Old System: Because a large portion of Chicago and its suburbs have old drain systems that are still in use, drain repair may be more necessary than other areas. Pipes and drainage systems suffer wear and tear over time. Because it’s generally the most used system, it’s important to inspect and service it from time to time.
- Increase in Utility Bills: A major indication of a problem in your system can be reflected by a spike in your water bill. Leaks and clogs can cause excessive water waste, which will cost you.
- Poor Water Quality: Any decrease in water quality should be addressed immediately. Leaks can introduce outside chemicals or contaminants to your system, which can pollute your drinking water.
- Low Water Pressure: If your water pressure noticeably decreases in your sinks, bath, or toilet, there could be a leak in your system. Tree roots and age can cause cracks in your pipes and should be fixed immediately.
- Clogs or Slow Drainage: If multiple drains in your home are clogged at the same time, or they are all experiencing slow drainage, this is a telltale sign of a problem with your drains system and you’re in need of drain repair.
- Frequent Toilet Overflowing: This happens every once in a while, but if it becomes a frequent problem, you should have it addressed.
Flatley’s Plumbing Express is proud to offer professional and affordable solutions to combat all of the problems mentioned above. Our expertise and customer service will guarantee satisfaction and leave behind a well-functioning drainage system. View our testimonials to see how our plumbing services have helped our customers.
If your home or property is experiencing any of the issues mentioned above and you’re in need of drain repair, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express today!