As a home, business, or property owner, one of your biggest concerns may be the condition and wellbeing of your sewer system. With an investment of this magnitude, you want to be sure that things are working as they should be. There are many factors that can negatively affect your sewer. This can cause you added stress and potential damages that will require costly, time-consuming repair. Our professional plumbing services have been proudly serving the South, Southwest and West Suburbs of Chicago with sewer repair since 1960.If you are considering a checkup for your system, Flatley’s Plumbing Express can help you.
How Your Sewer System Works
Every single pipe in your home is connected to your main sewer drain. This area receives the most traffic of all; the entirety of your wastewater flows to and through your sewer drain. Every day when you brush your teeth, flush your toilet, take a shower, or wash your dishes, the wastewater used is introduced into your sewer. Now that you know how vital this system is to your property, it’s easy to see how one little flaw could quickly develop into a major problem.
Signs You May Need Sewer Repair
If you are experiencing one or more of the following problems, your sewer may be telling you that it needs help:
- Clogs: Because all of your pipes are connected by your sewer, multiple clogs at once can be a sign of a major blockage in your sewer pipe.
- Odor: Wastewater flowing into your sewer pipe, to put it bluntly, can stink. You shouldn’t be able to smell anything once the waste has been introduced into your system. Any odor coming from your pipes is a sign of a clog or leak in your sewer line. Not only is this unpleasant, but it could cause potential health and sanitation risks if it isn’t dealt with immediately.
- Trees or Shrubbery: Trees, shrubs, and all other plants have roots that need water to grow. In their search for water, they can break into your pipes! If any trees are growing above or around your sewer line, they could cause damage.
- Wet Patches: Any overly moist or raised patches of land around your property could be a sign of a leak in your sewer or sewer line. When the water flows out of the pipe, it can only go so far. If you notice an area of land that may not be wet but is abnormally lush, this can be a sign of a leak as well.
- Pests: If you notice a sudden increase of bugs or rodents, it could be an indication of a fault in your sewer line.
If you are experiencing any of the issues above, or have questions about your sewer system, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express today. Our trained and insured professionals will help you with all of your sewer and sewer line needs. We guarantee the best service at an affordable price.
If you’re looking for professional plumbing services in the Chicago Suburbs or want to have your sewer and sewer line inspected and serviced, call Flatley’s Plumbing Express!